Hi-Q-Antennas design vs.
What are the differences between the Hi-Q-Antennas design and the
The Hi-Q-Antennas Design
- The Hi-Q-Antenna is a NEW and revolutionary design, not a cheap copy
of a Don Johnson screwdriver type.
- US Patent numbers: 6,275.195 B1 and 6,496.154 B2
- The contactor is in CONSTANT contact with TWO turns of the loading coil
under 8 lb of preset pressure, that is 720 degrees of contact with the SILVER
plated beryllium copper "D" shaped tempered material.
- Contrary to the badmouthing of the "Fingerstock" by brand
X makers, it is the IDEAL way to conduct RF. We have had a lab test a CONTACTOR
strip from a Hi-Q-4/80 that had 251,000 miles and over two years FLAWLESS use
on a Freightliner and found that the COMPRESSION of 8 lbs has NOT changed and
the silver plating had only 2 micron wear of the 35. We GUARANTEE it for LIFE
and to this date we have NOT replaced ANY!!!
- WHY- because the Hi-Q- design has 3 points of surface suspension with
ONLY .005" of tolerance and it CANNOT beat itself to death like the "springs"
in the screwdriver type and change it twice year.
- NOTHING moves on the outside, no length changes at tuning.
- Completely SEALED from the elements.
- Only Mil-Spec materials used in its construction, no cheap PVC and phonelic.
- The HEART of the Hi-Q design is the HI-Q Loading coil. The 2.5"-3"
4" and the NEW 5" coils are designed and tested on ALL HP test equipment
as an individual coil, sub assembly and as a complete HF Mobile antenna.
- That is why the Radiation Efficiency is many times greater than ANY
- We use 60% lighter weight AEROSPACE wire in the STANDARD antennas and/or
SILVER or GOLD plated for special use antennas. The military versions will handle
5 kW plus and the ham versions up to 2.5 kW.
- All of this is HOUSED in an EXLUSIVELY extruded LEXAN (Polycarbonate)
internally threaded tubing. The only damage we've seen so far is a LIGHTNING
hit on the antenna and a large BIRD hit, both are back on the road with NEW
coilhousing. No charge to the customers!
- The NEW PRECISION Planetary gearhead 12/24 VDC motors tunes the antenna
smoothly from 10-160 M in 1 minute using 500 ma or less. (Not a cheap screwdriver
- The latest, 6th generation models are ALL light weight, due to the CAD/CAM
design and CNC machining.
- Details on our website: http://www.hiqantennas.com
- Don Johnson has developed it, many copied it (not even giving him the
benefit of Thank You!)
- Various makers use CHEAP PVC and phonelic coilbase.
- SMALL coil diameter, VERY LOW "Q" 75 or less!
- It is a HUGE resistor; 3 to 4 times MORE wire used on 80 M than the
Hi-Q coil. 120 turns or more (Hi-Q-4 uses 40 turns.)
- Low Radiation Efficiency due to the low "Q" and poor materials
- Externally moving coil, even with the cover will collect road grime.
- Changing height while tuning. A CONTRAPTION of design.
- The more the coil extended the LESS stable it is and the "spring"
contactor is now crunched, WHY? -SINGLE POINT support.
- In ANY position it has the road vibration shaking it apart, especially
the "spring" type contactor. It is BEATING IT TO DEATH! Needs to
be replaced several times annually.
So the choice is yours: Hi-Q-Antennas or screwdriver type.
For greater technical details please open ALL the websites and compare.
We can substantiate our claims, can they?
73, Charlie Gyenes
Copyright 2003, All Rights Reserved. "Hi-Q-Antennas" is the registered Trademark of Charles M. Gyenes
Web Site Design and Hosting by QTH.COM