Hi-Q HF Communication Antennas for
Military and Commercial applications
NVIS (Short Range) Communication Antennas
Hi-Q-4/3-25 MT NVIS (More Photos)
Tunable NVIS antenna for the 1.8 to 10 MHz frequencies. With options to 30 MHz.
Our Hi-Q TAD (Tune-A-Dipole) HF antennas, when used on a Tri-Pod or short pole up 5 to 15 feet, are the most efficient TUNABLE NVIS antenna ever developed! The Manually (MT model) or Remotely (RT model) tunable High "Q" loading coils allows it to be tunable from 1.8 to 10 MHz (and down to 30 MHz if the CapHats are removed).
- The Radiation Efficiency of our Hi-Q antennas surpasses any SHORT NVIS antenna!
- The high radiation efficiency is increased by using LARGE CapHats (Capacitance Hats) versus long whips or wires.
- It is a PHYSICALLY SHORT antenna, weighs approximately 10 lbs, and breaks down to 46" sections. The assembled total length is less than 10 feet!
- No wires to be layed out or stakes need to be pounded into the ground.
- The Hi-Q-2.5/2-30 MT NVIS TAD is a light weight HF TUNABLE NVIS antenna. It can be VEHICLE or TriPod mounted in MINUTES!
- Either an "N" or SO-239 (your choice) RF coax connector is mounted on the COUPLER box. This coupler box has two Quick Disconnects, one male and one female, which mate with the ones on the antenna base. The coupler box can be SUSPENDED or mounted on the pole or TriPod up to 5-15ft above the ground. Tuning to the desired frequency can be done when the Hi-Q NVIS TAD is set up.
NVIS stands for "Near Vertical Incidence Skywave" and is defined as:
"In radio propagation, a wave that is reflected from the ionosphere at a nearly vertical angle and that is used in short-range communications to reduce the area of the skip zone and thereby improve reception beyond the limits of the ground wave."
- Our Hi-Q NVIS antennas:
- Typically from 2-10 MHz continuously tunable manually or with 12-24 VDC.
- These antennas should be mounted on a simple TriPod from 2 feet to 15 feet high for best NVIS performance
- For very low noise LOW power communication for SHORT range, usually 250-300 mile radius.
Click for Photo Gallery
< Back to Military / Commercial Applications Home Page
Copyright 2003, All Rights Reserved. "Hi-Q-Antennas" is the registered Trademark of Charles M. Gyenes
the rights to make changes in DESIGN, Material and
function of ALL of the Hi-Q products
Web Site Design and Hosting by QTH.COM